Biopsies should never be taken lightly. They are a surgical procedure. In addition to infection, doctor or hospital error, (which is the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S.) be aware that biopsies are not risk free. Although the risks are rare, they are possible.
Be sure that you know exactly why a biopsy is being recommended.
- Incidence of needle-tract seeding following prostate biopsy for suspected cancer: a review of the literature
- Can Biopsies Spread Cancer?
- Do Biopsies Spread Cancer?
- Risk of tumor cell seeding through biopsy and aspiration cytology
- Prevention of tumor seeding during needle biopsy by chemotherapeutic-releasing gelatin sticks
- Cancer Cell Seeding Following Manipulation: An Ancient Concern According to the Traditional Iranian Medicine
- ED Induced by Prostate Biopsy Likely 'Underestimated'
- Can Prostate Biopsy Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- Can a man develop erectile dysfunction (ED) after a prostate biopsy?
- ED After TRUS Biopsy of the Prostate